Applications close: Friday, 27 March 2015!
Thebe Reed has once again made available an opportunity for small companies with a focus on responsible travel experiences to showcase their products and services at WTM Africa.
An hour long RT Speed Marketing Session will be held from 15h30 – 16h30 on Thursday, April 16 on the trade show floor. Ten selected businesses from across Africa will present their responsible tourism offering to hosted buyers and invited media.
- business must have fewer than 50 staff; verification of this from the applicant’s accountant / auditor must accompany the application
- business may not have participated in previous WTM or WTM Africa responsible tourism speed marketing events or responsible tourism panels
- only businesses exhibiting on a shared stand at WTM Africa, or those attending as visitors may participate (those with their own stand are not eligible)
- business must describe its implementation of all 3 pillars of responsible tourism. The applicant need not necessarily excel in all 3 pillars (perhaps they do so in one particular area of RT), but they must be implementing all 3 areas of social, economic, and environmental responsibility to some degree
- information about the business’s responsible tourism activities must exist in the public domain; proof of such must accompany the application
- business must be a member of a tourism industry association or be certified by a sustainable tourism certification body; proof of such must accompany the application
Selection will be based on the above criteria as well as regional geographic spread and product diversity.
Applications may be submitted by qualifying tourism businesses or by marketing representatives of tourism businesses operating in Africa. Applications from certification bodies or consultants advising businesses on responsible business practices will not be considered.
Participation fees will be based, in part, on the business’ carbon footprint for its travel to WTM Africa. Businesses will, therefore, be required to provide their travel so that the related emissions and number of trees required to be planted can be calculated.
Participants will be required to pay a minimum participation fee of R300. Should this amount exceed the calculated offset investment, the balance will be donated to the official WTM Africa charity, The Code.
Applications can be submitted here. (Please ensure that you have all of the above items at hand to upload to your application.)
Please note that the organisers are not able to fund travel to Cape Town nor any related costs of attending WTM Africa.
Enquires may be directed to email@example.com
ACT RESPONSIBLY, GROW SUSTAINABLY